Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Land of Elementary School Tears




I can’t remember a time that both kids were happy at school drop off and not crying. I’m emotionally tapped. This has to end.
I posted that on Facebook the other night with the caveat: Please no comments about how I will miss this time. Maybe one day, but for now I reside full time in the land of elementary school tears and it sucks.
The comments I received were so caring and understanding. Sometimes Facebook is really fantastic. I put something desperately into the void and wonderful community came out of it.
Everyday I drop off, I have to walk away from arms outstretched and the saddest little voices crying my name: Mama! “Powerlessness. I remember,” someone commented on my Facebook post. That’s it exactly.
I get inside my Mom Blogger skin and think about what I should wisely say in a post about this: Let them miss me. Let them cry. It will be okay. And so will I.
But that Zen-like rational is not helping.  All I can think is: I hope this is not doing permanent damage when I walk away. Does it seem uncaring to them? Because their screams are layered with feelings of abandonment. I also realize that this is not as dyer as my imagination makes it out to be. Of course they will be okay! It’s school drop off. This is not Sophie’s Choice.
They don’t do this when anyone else drops them off either. So of course I’m like, “Ah ha! It’s because I’m the sucker and this is a manipulation.” But it’s not. Because they get nothing out of it that they want and still do it. I don’t give in to their crazy demands of staying home from school (Smirker screamed for an hour one evening “I wanna be sick!” over and over again to get out of going to school in the morning and continued when she woke up) or sitting with them on the carpet with the rest of the Kindergarteners for the morning lessons like she wanted (Just sit with me mom!). I walk away without looking back feeling like a cold calculated criminal. I get sad looks from the other parents (whose kids are NOT crying by the way).
So the only real conclusion to draw is this is happening because I’m the best mom ever. Sigh. It really is a burden sometimes. I know I’m so amazing, girls, and so much fun to hang out with, but come on! I kid, but…. Moms really do rule the day. Moms rule. Dads are cool.
So I came up with a plan, a ritual if you will.
“Okay guys, I have an idea,” I said to the girls one night at bedtime. “School drop off have been hard….”
They both looked a little guilty and ready to turn on the tears.
“It’s because we miss you sooooooooo much,” Smirker said.
“We LOVE you mom,” Love Monster said.
“What will make you feel a little better when I have to leave you at school?” I said.
I was sitting on Smirker’s bed and she was playing with my hair. I looked to Love Monster first.
“I will bring my Tiana from Princess and the Frog! I’ll hug her because she reminds me of you,” LM said.
“Great!” I said.
“And I’ll bring the Sidekicks book because if I get sad that makes me smile.” LM finished.
She is obsessed with Dan Santat’s book Sidekicks.
“Smirker?” I said
Smirker was still stroking the front section of my hair. “I would like this chunk of hair. It’s so smooth and soft.”
Okay, pyscho. Yep she really is my daughter. Is this so bad that we are resorting to chopping off a chunk of my hair so my daughter won’t miss me at school?? My witchy baby.
“I like where you head is at Smirker, but NO.”
She opted for a picture of LM, her and I.
The next morning we were ready.
I took LM to her line outside and she immediately clutched Tiana to her chest and and sat down to read Sidekicks. “Bye mom!”
Smirker looked a little more shaky. She clutched the picture, staring at it while sitting on the carpet when her teachers started class and I slipped away relieved.
No tears. That day. It’s still a little shaky. But at least we have some tools now.

Both girls especially Smirker are in the stage that if I’m near them in any way, they are glued to me. They have to have some kind of contact. On my lap, holding my handing, laying on top of me, sitting on my shoulders. Anything. They want that physical contact all the time. I am totally in that time, that sweet spot, where Love Monster and Smirker aren’t afraid to show me how much they need me, want me. Need to have me near.

Will I miss the Land of Elementary School Tears? NO. NOT EVER. But will I miss the no holds barred outpouring of love and emotion for me, their mom? Yes. I know as they grow up they will need to separate. They will un-cling and yearn for independence. I’m prepared (as best I can be) for the opposite of what is happening now. When they will push me away. And I know that will not mean they don’t love me any more. But I will miss those times of unabashed need of me. But for now, they cling. I will hold on tight (except at school drop off when I have to be the “worst” and leave them in the best school in the world).

2 comments:

  1. Happy not belong to him who is great at everything, but he who is able to find simple things dlm life and be grateful.

    Nonton Bokep Online
    Nonton Bokep
    Blog Dofollow
    Gambar Bugil
    Cerita Dewasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trong thị trường bảng quảng cao hiện nay không thể không nhắc tới bảng hiệu bạt cái tên Xa nhưng không hề lạ với khách hàng.Đây là một sự lựa chọn hoàn hảo cho các doanh nghiệp, công ty, cơ quan đoàn thể khi thực hiện chiến lược truyền thông của mình để thu hút sự chú ý và tiếp cận của khách hàng.Tuy nhiên trên thị trường có quá nhiều sự lựa chọn làm khách hàng phân van thì hôm nay chúng ta cùng nhau tìm hiểu kĩ thêm chút nhé:
    -Bảng hiệu bạt hiflex:Sản phẩm được sự dụng dụng phổ biến trên thị trường quảng cáo với chất liệu nhựa (PVC),có màu trắng sữa cố thể chịu nắng,mưa,co giãn tốt.Sau khi phủ lên một lớp màng, hiflex dùng để in các sản phẩm text...rất đẹp.Giá thành rẻ ,chất lượng bền,tái sự dụng dễ dàng.
    -Bảng hiệu bạt 2 da:Là bảng hiệu cao câp,cho chất lượng in và độ nét mịn,độ xuyên sáng,phản sáng rât cao (gần giống như ảnh)
    -Bảng hiệu 3M: Theo khảo sát thì bảng hiệu nay được các ngân hàng sự dụng hầu hết bởi mẫu mã và độ bền hộp đèn bảng hiệu 3M. Ngoài ra,thi công nhah gọn,bảo hành dài hạn,ánh sáng chuẩn,màu sắc theo yêu cầu, độ bền trên 5 năm
    4.Bảng hiệu hộp đèn.
    hộp đèn quảng cáo
    giá làm bảng hiệu hộp đèn
    giá làm bảng hiệu đèn led
    giá bảng hiệu đèn led
    xưởng gia công mica
    chữ nổi mica
    bảng hiệu mica chữ nổi
    Ngày nay,có rất nhiều loại hộp đèn quảng cáo sáng tạo và phá cách làm kích thích tính tò mò của khách hàng.Đặc biệt những bảng quảng cáo đèn được rất nhiều khách hàng lựa chọn ,từ xưa đên nay vì đặc biệt những ánh đèn Led giúp bảng của chúng ta vẫn nổi bật khi trời tối hay nói cách khác đây là bảng hình được bắt mắt nhất hiện nay.Có khá nhiều loại hộp đen để khách hàng lựa chọn đầu tiên khi nhắc tới hộp đèn không thể không nhắc.
    -Hộp đèn mica hút nổi: Đây là hộp đèn làm bằng chất liệu mica nung nóng và hút nổi để tạo hình theo mẫu thiết kế giúp bảng hiệu đảm bảo đồ bền và sự tinh tế.
    -Hộp đèn led:Hộp đèn led được sự dụng rất nhiều ở các trung tâm và thành phố lớn đặc biệt là saigon bởi hộp đèn led gây sự chú ý tới đám đông cực kì hiểu quả, đánh giá vào cái nhìn khách quan đối với khách hàng với công ty.
    -Hộp đèn siêu mỏng: Cũng giống về tính chất của hộp đèn nhưng hộp đèn siêu mỏng cải thiện rất nhiều khi khách hàng mong muốn tính thẩm mĩ cao. Thiết kế bằng đèn led siêu mỏng không làm giảm độ sáng mà còn tiếp kiệm chi phí điện hiểu quả thích hợp cho nhà hàng sang trọng hay sự thanh lịch cho bảng hiệu.
    -Hộp đèn mica: Hộp đèn làm bằng chất liệu mica không thể hiện rõ lên bề mặt mà tuỳ vào yêu cầu của khách hàng mà đáp ứng nhu cầu của bảng hiệu vơi giá thành cực rẻ mà vẫn đem lại hiệu quả rất cao.
    QUẢNG CÁO ĐẠI PHÁT
    SĐT: 0935 79 00 28
    Website: quangcaodaiphathcm.com

    ReplyDelete